Advertising and Direct Mail Campaigns
Surprisingly, there is one area that print materials are more successful than digital: direct mail. And, we’re not just saying its doing slightly better; direct mail beats emails by 66% (seriously, we’re not kidding)! With that stat alone, it shows that printed materials can still be a highly-effective marketing tool.
An example of this could be an upcoming event you’re hosting. You would send out a direct mailer with the event information included and a personalized web page (PURL) for them to RSVP. They would then receive an email confirming their spot with the option to share the event on social media. By doing this, you’re allowing your prospects to engage with your brand through both digital and printed materials, which in turn will increase your campaigns effectiveness.
The printed word is still perceived as more credible to many people than anything on the web. It goes to the old adage, “If someone invested enough to print and mail it, it must be important.”
Direct mail campaigns remain a key tool in the overall marketing plans of many businesses. When planned, executed and refined correctly, they can be a very effective way of gaining visibility with tangible and measurable results.
Our process includes the following…
- Identify your market
- Focus your message on the benefits most valuable to your customer.
- Create an easy and direct call to action.
- Consider all elements including size, weight, distribution
- Utilize ways to track your results. Maximize your impact.
- Direct mail cannot stand alone. integrate it with other marketing efforts. consistency is key.
- Maintain a data base, refine and update your list.
- Make it personal. Personalize your message as much as possible.
- Testimonials. A way of social proofing your expertise.
- Whenever possible include follow up.
Direct mail is a powerful and dynamic marketing tool. Call us to discuss your next direct mail campaign